Sisters – Jana and her family have headed to the beach for some much needed family time after the Zimbabwe trip! Pray for rest and refreshment for all of them.
Jana has asked me to give you all a recap of last night’s Zimbabwe Celebration event, welcoming four of the Women Getting Real team members back and sharing the harvest with the rest of you who supported us stateside. The Zimbabwe trip would not have happened without you.
For myself, it was such a great reunion – so good to see the faces of the women and men who have been praying for us and encouraging us all the way to Zimbabwe and back. As Jana shared last night, “One of the most powerful gifts to us as a team was your prayers. It was tangible. I could send a text calling to rally the saints and we could just feel the breath of God move among us, an ocean away. When someone asks you to pray for a mission trip, never think that your prayers don’t matter.”
We as a Zim team want you to know that you were as much a part of this trip as we were, and we gave each person who came last night a note to remind them – and now you:
Because of God through you. . .
- Cried with 14 women at a Bible study
- Challenged more than 600 students in 3 high school assemblies
- Equipped 80+ women at a Women’s Retreat
- Biblically trained 8 camp counselors
- Encouraged the dreams and purity of 50+ middle school students
- Played, prayed with, and blessed 75 children at the local orphanage
- Washed the feet of 25 senior citizens
- Loved on 40 + handicapped children
- Shared testimonies with 20 women at the Women’s Tea
- Prayed for healing at the hospital
- Renewed and encouraged 4 ministry leaders
- Worshiped in song and dance
- Invested in many one on one relationships
Thank you for being part of this journey.
More God stories from Zim coming this week….